Introducing Our CC1 Students
Here are the faces of our six lovely students starting in our first cohort on July 3rd.
Some information about them:
- Four women and two men
- Three were working as software engineers and web developers prior
- Two have bachelor's degrees in computer science
- Two are currently pursuing bachelor's degrees in computer engineering and hardware engineering
- One has a master's degree in biomedical engineering
- Two have previously worked as English teachers
- They hail from four different countries: Japan, Iran, USA, and Canada
- One was a complete beginner until she started studying for our technical assessment about a month ago
We were flattered to have applicants from all around the world---from the USA to Burundi. All wanted to come to Japan to learn how to code. We ended up an acceptance rate of just under 25%.
While we do not take beginners, we heavily encourage those who are serious about a career change with us to start learning how to code and to apply to be in our class. We believe that coding is an awesome and transferrable skill that can launch you in a new career path or help you gain technical independence for entrepreneurial pursuits.
If you are interested to learn further about Code Chrysalis and what we do, please do not hesitate to reach out. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and feel free to apply for our future cohorts here.